Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And just when you thought....

When I came home for lunch today I found our dryer broke.  Now this dyer should NOT be breaking...it is only a little over two years old.  I was so frustrated, and to add to it I now have a pile of wet clothes to deal with.  I head back to work, head still throbbing, and now wondering if I have enough clean undies to make it through the week...

So I get home after work and try to decide what type of nourishing goodness I want to shove in my face so I can take some more pain killers.  Nothing really sounds good, and after pillaging the cupboards, fridge and freezer I found nothing that I considered acceptable.  Then it hits me:  Beef & Cheddar....mmmm...  So Nathan and I zip off to Arby's (cause I figure I should eat what sounds good to me, right?)  On the way back from picking up our deliciously-fattening-yet-spot-hitting meal were discussing the merits of leaving here (because lets face it, neither one of us really LOVES it here...) and we see red flashing lights in the rear view mirror.  Yep.  The policeman comes up and asks us if we know why he pulled us over.  No clue.  Turns out one of the headlights is out...Nathan gets a fix-it ticket and we are sent on our merry way.  I could not stop laughing.  I laughed because off all the bad things that have happened to us in the last two years, I laughed for all the tears shed, I laughed for financial strain, I laughed for being sick and feeling lonely and I laughed for the lost camera.  Getting pulled over was just the perfect capper to the day...and I couldn't help but laugh, because just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

4 comments:

Kirk said...

Glad to see you can laugh at it. Where are you guys headed then?

Anonymous said...

I have had an extremely trying day...month and Fall. Actually since sept 1st. I wish I could laugh about it. but no, I can just feel myself getting more wrinkles and gray hair.
TTFN
Kim

Holly said...

We don't know what the plan is - we're still waiting to hear back on an audition...

Abby said...

Mmmm...Arby's.