Friday, November 20, 2009

19...a.k.a. Flashback to the 70's

This past week was Employee Appreciation week at my job. Today was 70's day. You better believe I JUMPED at the chance to get my hippie on. I altered some jeans, made a matching sash, and accessorized. The sad/funny part? I didn't have to buy any jewelry...I had it all back from my hippie phase. Good thing I'm a hoarder and never throw anything away. :)


There was a costume contest for the office and I won second place!!! The lady who won 1st place totally deserved it too...she's in her sixties, and she wore a sparkly, rainbow body suit - then she added an afro and a pound or two of glitter. A woman after my own heart. :)

So for the 19th, I'm grateful I got to play dress up - and that I won fifty clams to do it. :) I seriously love those bell bottoms...I wonder if I could wear them every week.


OH - and I almost forgot. We had our adoption intake interview this morning (which went fantastic!)...and I wore my hippie get-up to it. Yep, yep, I did.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

you're fabulous :)

Lori said...

i just love that you went to your intake interview in your 70's get up

Chels said...

Great news that the interview went so well. Love the outfit...how I miss seeing "Hippie Holly".

Sheila said...

I'd like to hear more about "hippie Holly"! :) And, $50 bucks, how fun!