Friday, November 28, 2008

Yes I know I'm a slacker...

Ok, so here are #22-#28. I was in another state for a few of these days, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

#22 - $6 Turkey - With a purchase of $25 worth of groceries Smith's was giving you a turkey for only $6!

#23 - A Lead Footed Hubby - Our plane to Seattle was scheduled to leave at 8:25 Sunday morning. We were going to wake up at 4, be out the door by 5 to be to my parent's house by 6, to be to the airport by 7. So Saturday night we packed and set the alarm. Now 4am is only a half an hour earlier than what Nathan's alarm is set for each day so I wasn't worried about it being too early. Well, Sunday morning we are woken up by the phone ringing. It's my mom. It is 6:18am. We are two hours from the airport and our flight leaves in two hours. I freak out. We hurry and fill the kitty's water & food dishes, throw the stuff in the car, put Besta in the back seat and take off. Nathan drives 95 mph through the canyon to make it to my parent's house in less than 30 minutes! We transfer the goods to my parent's rig, leave Besta at their house and take off to Salt Lake. We BARELY made our flight. As crazy (and COMPLETELY insane) as it was, I was glad Nathan didn't have any problems pushing the pedal to the metal.

#24 - Level Headed Hubby - After Nathan's audition on Monday I was bummed...I wanted to just go back to the hotel and cry myself to sleep, while eating every chocolate thing in sight. But he was very logical and said it was all out of our hands and we shouldn't let the bum deal ruin the remainder of our trip.

#25 - Window Seats - I got to sit by the window on both the flight out and back. I love watching the buildings and cars get smaller and smaller...and I love when it is overcast and then the plane rises above the clouds and you see the sun again. Beautiful. Nathan likes the isle - for the foot room. Both flights were on littler planes so we got our preferred seats on both flights.

#26 - A Mini Vay-cay - Our trip to Seattle was only 55 hours but it was so nice to get away and not have to be at work and deal with everyday stuff.   

#27 - A New Turkey Roaster - I cooked Thanksgiving at our place this year and I used a new roaster. It was awesome because it helped free up space in the oven for a ham, stuffing, pies, etc, etc. It was a tip from my mom for me cooking dinner. :) I'll have to post pics from the Martha Stewart Feast later...you'll be impressed...you will, trust me.

#28 - A Job - I am kind of ticked off that I have to work today. The phone has rang only three times since 8, and I don't envision it getting any busier. But I am thankful that at least I have a job to go to.

5 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

I tagged you! So what happened at the audition?

me and him said...

sounds busy. and yet so fun! once i drove from here to lagoon in 36 minutes!! so i can relate with nate's led foot! i can't wait to see your dinner. you are such a geat cook, and very good at paying attention to detail. i know it will be a martha stewart dinner...for SURE! glad you had a good holiday. now...the countdown to christmas begins!

Anonymous said...

Believe Holly when she says it was Marth Stewart dinner! I was one of the lucky receipients! Everthing was delicious, the table was beautiful, and the time spent together was peaceful.

I am truly blessed to have such a great daughter!!

Lori said...

i'm AMAZED you got to the airport and on your flight in time, good job! holy cow!

Abby said...

Bum deal? What bum deal? What happened?