Monday, June 15, 2009

Breather

Hey. You ever have those days where you want to throw your computer against the wall? Ya, that's where I'm at right now.
My brother is getting married this week and I have been hard at work on their wedding video. I have been editing photos and cutting clips and spending altogether WAY too much time in front of my laptop. I finished the video this afternoon, I had Nathan look it over and make sure it looked ok. I don't have a DVD burner, but Nathan does so all I had to transfer the video to his computer. Sounds easy, no? Um, well it isn't. Lets just say that I am at my wits end, we have tried every method we can think of but we just keep getting error messages. Grrr. I want to scream and cry all at once because now I am back at the beginning. I have to redo the ENTIRE video.
Just had to vent, back I go to iMovie. (I love my Mac, I love my Mac, I love my Mac....)

2 comments:

Chels said...

The same exact thing happened to me. I made a video of my grandma's life for her funeral and it took me a week straight of scanning, editing, etc... When I finally got done it was only hours before the viewing and the stupid thing wouldn't burn or transfer to another computer. We ended up taking the whole laptop to the viewing and if I ever want a copy I'm going to have to re-do the entire thing. Sigh...computers are such a mixed blessing sometimes.

Abby said...

And the same thing here. The manual tells us I just have to transfer the video to the computer and then make a DVD from what's on the computer. And yet, after sitting through it thinking and copying for an hour, it tells me no such movie exists on the computer and I'm retarded for suggesting there is one. No matter what I do it won't burn our videos to DVD. I gave up. I hate it so much.