Saturday, November 12, 2011

If you can hold on...

10 years ago tonight Nathan took me to Ruby Tuesday for dinner (don't judge...in the bursting metropolis of Logan Ruby Tuesday was hoity toity...and I actually still really like it).  He acted distracted the whole meal...mostly watching the Utah Jazz game on the TV mounted on the wall behind my head.  It kinda pissed me off.  Ok, not kinda...it did.  After dinner he said he wanted to drive up on the foothills to "look at the lights of the city"...did I wanna come?  We found a good spot, got out to admire the pretty view (of course we got out of the car...what did you THINK we were going to do??!?  Sickos  teehee)  and I asked him if he would be asking me something big anytime soon (you have to understand...I had already purchased my dress...we knew it was going to happen...and I am impatient...and I pretty much asked him every day).  He told me "Well if you can hold on for just one sec I've got a question I wanna ask you."

I said yes.  :)

Then I told him to turn on the headlights...I couldn't see my ring!  I hadn't seen my ring yet because {{I}} didn't pick my ring out.  I have always thought that if a guy doesn't know what kind of ring you would like to wear for the rest of your life...he doesn't know you well enough to be asking you to marry him. 

As for the proposal, I was totally surprised...I honestly thought it was going to happen the following night when he was taking me to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...I mean, come on...BRIDES??  He had asked me to that play WEEKS before...and had made a big deal out of it.  Our dinner to Ruby Tuesday had been last minute...I didn't even really do my hair.  And I was wearing fleece.  Ah well...I guess we just do things differently...we always have and probably always will.   

Love you sweetie.  I'd say yes again today.  


3 comments:

V said...

I love this post. You are such a good storyteller and you and Nathan are so sweet together.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

That is so cute!!

Happy Herrons said...

Yah!!! I am sure Miles is glad you said yes also