Tuesday, November 01, 2011

National Adoption Month & 30 Days of Thankful

It's that time of year again...30 Days of Thankful AND National Adoption Month.  

Last year I think I overdid it a bit...posting every day.   It made me tired...and I'm pretty sure it made some of you tired!   I'm still going to post about adoption...but it will be less.  On Wednesdays it will be a post about something adoption related and on Fridays I'll spotlight some of our friends who are hoping to adopt.  I might throw in another adoption post here and there...should I feel so inclined.  If you wanna get in on the National Adoption Month goodness...you can!  Here are some EASY ideas of how you can spread the positive message of adoption:
  • Write a blog post featuring someone's adoption story or a couple hoping to adopt
  • Tweet about adoption
  • Do a Facebook Status raising awareness about adoption
  • Read an adoption themed book in your child's class at school
  • Ask your local library to create an adoption related book display
  • Make a donation to Blessings in a Basket or Birthmother Baskets
  • Attend a local adoption event (find them here)



And as far as the 30 Days of Thankful...I'll be putting those up...they'll be in the '30 Days of Thankful' tab up near the top.  At the end of the month, I'll post them all (in case you missed them...I know you'll want to read them...cause you love me)  You wanna join in on the Thankful good time?  I'd love to have you!

If you're going to participate in either National Adoption Month or 30 Days of Thankful...leave a comment with your blog address or Twitter feed and I'll link you to my side bar!


4 comments:

Katrina said...

I will be blogging about National Adoption Month but probably not every day as I am in the mist of an international adoption right now and a little tied up with it :)

But I have 2 blogs, one is our family blog but talks about our foster/adoption

http://makingmanymemories.blogspot.com/

The other one is our current adoption blog

http://operationorphannomore.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Katrina

Katelyn Krum Shaw said...

I'm totally doing it... fighting through the tired right now! myangelsfromgod.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

When I read this I was thinking how can people ask such or say such things? How terrible. But then I thought maybe to them they didn't think it was so bad. Which made me think, would it be wrong to ask someone (that you know well, not like a stranger or mere acquaintance)that was or had adopted if it was open? And if not, why not? Because that would be something that I would ask or want to ask.

Thanks

Oh! Your little boy is a DOLL!!! :O)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just realized posted my comment/question in the wrong post. It was supposed to be under the "positive adoption language" so under this one it makes not sense...posting it again under the correct one. :O)...you can delete this oops. :O)