Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back: 2012

It's that time again...for me to be publicly accountable for how I did on my New Year's Resolutions. As a reminder here were my resolutions for 2012:  


- Be well on my way to becoming fluent in Italian.  
- Get my photography business up and going
- Have our home more Christ centered: family prayers, scripture study, FHE, etc.
- Never say no to Miles when he asks me to read to him
-Make healthy choices: eating, exercising, etc.
 
- Remember birthdays
- Once a month send a letter (as in paper and pen) to someone 



And now for the grades:


B - Be well on my way to becoming fluent in Italian.    
This one has happened partially because of my studies and partially because of everyday life.  Learning to navigate the markets, grocery stores, and church (which is 90% in Italian) has really beefed up my knowledge.  I'm not fluent but I'm working on it!

B - Get my photography business up and going
This is going...I had several paid shoots this year and I've studied and practiced and read a LOT.  I also updated my website and created a Facebook page for my photography business.  Plus I got a lot of sweet photography goodies for Christmas and my birthday. 

 
C - Have our home more Christ centered: family prayers, scripture study, FHE, etc.
This one was better than years past, but still not up to where I'd like it.  We do have nightly prayers, and weekly FHE, but I don't get as much individual scripture study as I'd like.

A - Never say no to Miles when he asks me to read to him  
We read to Miles every night before bed and he and I read quite often during the day.  Cute little guy loves to have mommy read to him.

A -Make healthy choices: eating, exercising, etc.

I hit this one out of the park.  I went on a healthy eating/lifestyle change/diet and LOST 40 LBS!  Go me!!!  I feel the best I have in ages, I sleep better, and I finally don't wince when I see myself in the mirror.  I hope to continue with it this year, lose more weight, and get in even better shape. 
 
B - Remember birthdays
I did those on FB...almost all of them.  Better, but not as good as I'd like.

C - Once a month send a letter (as in paper and pen) to someone 
I did this almost every month.  Although by "I" I mean I mailed, Miles colored, etc.  We sent cards to grandparents for Valentines, Easter, Halloween...and such.  A couple times I just had Miles color on paper and we mailed that to grandma.  I also sent postcards from our travels.  So I give myself a C because I did it, but only a C because they weren't letters. 



What were your resolutions...how'd you do? 

No comments: