Sunday, December 30, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
What do ya think?? I haven't started it, but when I do (hopefully tonight) I'll let you know.
I also got spoiled for my B'Day. Nathan got me a TOM BRADY JERSEY!!! Which is super exciting...now I can support my team in BODY and SPIRIT. I also got some $$ which I used to get my new Nike running shoes and a nice running jacket. When we went down to Nathan's brother's house for Christmas dinner they also made a big deal out of my B'Day which made me feel so good :) They gave me a pretty heart bolero necklace, sang Happy Birthday and Gina made an incredible German Chocolate Cake (which lacked some walnuts in the frosting thanks to Timothy...hehe). I also got a dark chocolate layer cake at my parent's place Christmas night for the Big Day.
And Nathan was not left wanting either...he got a new mic for his sound stuff, some awesome vintage shirts, a svelte Frank Sintra-esk hat, new batteries for his pocket watches, funky Jazz slippers and a fun game.
Friday, December 21, 2007
I have also been reading some other people's blogs who share the Christmas Birthday with me and I am finding an overwhelming amount of us who feel slighted... So if you don't want to hear my venting...close the web browser now and go back to making your holiday cookies or wrapping presents or whatever, but please don't read on and get pissy and leave a nasty comment...I don't have the patience for you this year. :)
You know how some restaurants, stores, etc will send out postcards that say 'Come in on your Birthday and we'll give you a free _____' ?? I never get to use those - I tried once in Rhode Island...on the 26th, but because it wasn't my actual birthday I didn't get it...which sucks because they weren't even OPEN on my birthday... I do have to say that some places will accomodate us, but not all...their excuse? "If we did it on a different day for you we'd have to do it ona different day for everyone..." Um, ya, because JimBob whose birthday is on May 2nd and chooses not to go out is totally different from me who CANNOT go out on my b-day. :(
My old boss started a policy that you get your birthday off with pay - I asked her about my brithday, if I could take the 24th or the 26th and she said 'No'...her excuse was that if your birthday falls on a weekend you don't get to take it off...and I should be happy because I always get the day off... So ya, once again, NOT THE SAME THING... I am happy to get Christmas off, but I just want the same treatment everyone else gets...grrr
I know this is dumb, but I would like to have a birthday party every once-in-a-while...a nice, sit-down dinner - NO PRESENTS - but fun and food and games and whatnot...but that will never happen, because December is the WORST month to try and plan a get-together because everyone else is so busy. And I could do it in May or January, but then it isn't my birthday.
Just once I would like to know what it feels like to have a REAL birthday...one that is not overshadowed with tinsel and lights and Ho Ho Ho...
Thursday, December 20, 2007
2). Real tree or artificial tree? I love real ones - it is just too dry here...Plus the previous owners of our home left an awesome 7' pre-lit artificial tree in the basement!
3). When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving
4). When do you take the tree down? Before New Years...usually
5). Do you like eggnog? Usually..but I had a bit of a 'rough' experience with it earlier this year...so I haven't been able to stomach it again yet :( Note to self: DO NOT eat a dozen chocolate chip applesauce cookies and then drink a huge glass of eggnog.
6) Favorite gift ever received? My big, thick purple quilt Nathan made me...not sure if I got it for Christmas or B'Day...they both run together...
7) Favorite gift ever given? The wedding album I gave my parents last year
8) Clear lights or colored lights? Clear on the tree...colored on the house
9) Hardest person to buy for? Dad
10) Easiest person to buy for? Nathan
11) Do you have a nativity? Yes, two. One Willow Tree set (with a very cool backdrop made by my dad) and a small porcelain set.
12) E-mail or regular mail Christmas Cards? Mail...except this year - I have been too busy...maybe everyone will get New Years cards. ??
13) Worst gift ever received? Underwear (when I was little)
14) Favorite Christmas movie? Grinch...old or new
15) When do you start Christmas shopping? November
16) Favorite thing(s) to eat at Christmas? Pecan glazed ham...and all the treats
17) Favorite Christmas song? You're a Mean one, Mister Grinch ...and there is this one song that has the line "And the prettiest sight you'll see is the Holly that will be on your own front door"... I like that one too ;)
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the year, in the past we have traveled a lot but this year we'll stay close to home.
19) Can you name all of Santas' reindeer? Sure, what do you take me for...some sort of Christmas novice?!?
20) Do you have an angel or star on your tree? Nothing...the tree is too tall, we had to fold down the top branch so it would fit...but I do have a really beautiful star that I'll use someday
21) Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? PJ's Christmas Eve...and yes mom, I know that's what's in that bag...
22) What is the most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercializaiton of the holiday
23) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up, Santa usually set each of ours out on a different chair...some wrapped some not. Now, wrapped on the couch.
24) Do you hang mistletoe? Yes
25) Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Loading all of us kids in the truck and driving around to see the lights, then coming home to have homemade ice cream... and when we were little we all used to sleep in the same room together and 'watch for Santa'
26) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth??!? Does he wear a fake beard?? I can't believe I have been decieved all these years... sheesh
27) Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it...love shoveling it, love watching it, love eating it (as long as it isn't yellow...)
28) Can you ice skate? Yes...I miss the outdoor rink in Newport...that was so fun. SHEILA - you need to take the kids... :)
29) What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering why we have the season in the first place...and it isn't about reindeer or a fat man in a red suit...
I am tagging:
I have some of the CUTEST nieces and nephews... this video is of the ones in Tennessee. The first number is Michael and Jonathan (Nathan's brother)...then Erin plays the piano, and then Lindsay sings.
I can't believe how good they all are!
I love all the other neices and nephews too - don't think that I favor these ones...I just had this video to show off :)