Thursday, May 17, 2007

Absence makes the heart....

So I am finished with my hiatus...things are ok...a little rough with Mother's Day and all, but overall - ok.

I spent some time in the yard with my parents, hubby and brother on Saturday. Nathan and I have wanted a deck/patio but it is a little tricky because of how our house is situated in the cul-de-sac. Our backyard is virtually non-existant, but we have a large side-yard so we decided to put it there. We were going to pour concrete (I could get a good deal with my connections at work) but then my dad found a whole mess fo brick at a yard sale for $15 so we decided to go that route instead. We had to get some other stones too to make it as large as we wanted, but overall it looks really good...

The grey stones weigh 36lbs each and my mom and I moved 62 of them...THREE times. (From the pallet to the push-cart thing to the truck to the yard) The doggie 'helped' and got pretty tuckered out too. Here are a few pics:The Finished Patio - we are still going to add posts and an arbor but this is a good start.



Brad and Besta all tuckered out (look at that green grass!!)


Dad - supervising from the shade.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy, welcome back, I've missed you !!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa