Thursday, August 16, 2007

Updates....from the absent one

I am sorry I have been absent for so long...we have had quite the month. Nathan's siblings have been visiting from all over the world and so we spent quite a bit of time with them and between that and work that made for very little sleeping time.

And I have also been feeling extreemly depressed lately...and scary thoughts are best not shared :(

My mom has to have open heart surgery the first week of September, and it is scary. Some of my family (who shall remain nameless...) don't seem to get the big deal that it is and that frustrates me. I mean, our mom could die...and they don't seem to care. So we haven't spent a lot of time with my side of the fam because of the tension and stress...I just don't need that right now. I feel bad because we haven't helped with their move as much as others have and as much as I feel was expected of us...but we had a choice to make - spend time with all the out of town siblings, spouses and kids we never see (for example I have 1 niece and 2 nephews I had never seen until this last couple weeks) or go help with the move and be around all the contention and mean-ness...we knew our choice would upset someone, but I had no idea there would be this amount of hurt feelings. I am not sure even what to do because I want to say things but I don't want to cause more hurt feelings and stress, especially with the surgery looming close...

In other news our only neoghbors that had any interest in knowing us....moved. Now we are stuck with white trash, and Mexicans (nothing wrong with that...they just do NOT want to be our friends :( ...sad)

In happier news our garden is doing fantastic! See:


This is all the stuff we picked out of the garden in ONE EVENING!! There are chili peppers and green peppers and yellow squash and several types of tomatoes and one lonely cucumber...our cucumbers are the only things that are not doing so hot...well, them and the butternut squash. It has been so nice to have fresh FREE produce to eat the last few weeks. Having a garden is sure paying off.

Well, I am off for now, hopefully my next entry won't be a month out.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I pray that everything goes well and the recovery is speedy. AS for the hurt feelings...I have always found that when a very stressful event like a surgery and a move come about, tensions run high and people are short-tempered. HOpefully, it is just a reaction to their fear.

And your produce looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Holly, I will keep your mom in my prayers, glad you updated, I missed you !!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa