Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry ... Birthday?!

Not sure how many of you know this...my b-day is actually ON Christmas....not within the month, or close to but DEAD ON the 25th of December. And that is NOT why my name is Holly...

So some years are ok...but most of the time I kinda feel greatly overshadowed by all the festivities and such...not that it is a bad thing to celebrate my b-day the same time they celebrate the birth of Christ...but...

The worst thing is when people say: "Well everyone celebrates your birthday!"....actually not...roughly 33% of the population of the world is Christian...so not everyone AND they are not celebrating MY birthday, and I would dare say a majority are not celebrating ANY birthday....but rather a 'buy-me-stuff-day.'

It's not that I want a parade or a national holiday named after me...but a "Happy Birthday" that is not immediately prior to or following a "Merry Christmas" would be nice... :( and if someone should choose to get me a present...that it would be wrapped in pink or brown or purple or even plain green or red...but not green AND red...or be adorned with reindeer or santa or candy canes or any other Christmas things.

Does this make me a scrooge?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
Happy Birthday and I hope I didn't offend with the card. I'll be more careful next year Luv Kim

Anonymous said...

Holly, Awwwwww Happy Birthday, Wishing you a wonderful day, Hugs Lisa

Ryann said...

Happy birthday HOlly! I am so hoping that this baby does not share the same fate as you. As much as I want him out-he has to wait until the 26th!

Here's to hoping for a birthday and a separate Christmas celebration for you!

Anonymous said...

You sound like a self obsorbed spoiled brat. Grow up.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous:
You sound like someone who is intent on spoiling someone's birthday and Christmas. Remember, until you have walked a mile in someone's shoes, you can't begin to understand what they have gone through. I am just one, among many, who know that Holly is a beautiful person - inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Holly, Happy Birthday, ignore that troll that wrote the mean comment, you are awesome !!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Natalie C. said...

Holly, how funny that you found my blog and that we both blogged about having sucky holiday birthdays. If I were you, I would DEFINITELY make a big deal of the 1/2 birthday. Make cupcakes, invite people over, open presents. :)

.::still blinking::. said...

I am all about celebrating things when they aren't. Anniversary, usually one month early or two months late. Birthdays, small on the day, big on the weekend or whenever fits well into the calendar.