Friday, July 25, 2008

A job

Some news!! Nathan didn't pass his second shot at the insurance test (can't remember if I told you that) so we decided that he needed to get a job to help pay the bills while he continues to study. He's trying to get a manager job at the new Walmart that is going up but in the mean time he will be assembling treadmills at a local factory. Not the most glamorous of jobs, but when you need the paycheck so bad, one doesn't care where it comes from! He's working through a temp agency right now and in two weeks the company will hire him on and he'll get a $2/hr raise AND he'll be working 50 hours a week which means 10 hours of overtime! This development has taken a HUGE weight off my chest.
I had yesterday off (Pioneer Day) and I spent it doing one of my favorite things - absolutely nothing. Well, almost nothing. I surfed the web, worked on a couple baby gifts, played on facebook, took a nap with the kitties and cleaned up my scrapbook room. I also got someone to cover my shift at the restaurant so I had the WHOLE day off... sigh :)

2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

I am glad you had a happy free day!

Bennett family said...

I love those kind of days! Every once in a while, I decide I've had it with cleaning, running errands, phone calls, yada yada. So, I bag it and put on a movie while Sara has a nap, and do stuff I really like doing! You need a few more days like that! :)