Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blog Awards


Back a couple weeks ago my friend Kim gave me a blog award...I was supposed to follow-up soon, but I am just a slacker.  Better late than never, right?  Here we go.  I will pass the award on to:

Ryann - We met in Virginia.  When Nathan wrecked the car and we didn't have a car to drive she and her hubby let us borrow their second car.  She is always leaving supportive comments on here, and when we lost a baby last spring I was touched to receive a box of beautiful Iris' from her. 

Abby - I also met Abby in Virginia.  She was the last person we saw there before we pulled out of town.  We share a love of kittens and politics, although our views fall on opposite sides of the line. :)  I love reading her blog because her commentary on even the everyday things is so entertaining.

Chelsea - I lived just up the street from her growing up.  We were fast friends and shared a love of The Greenery and caroling and washing our clothes in Bear Lake (hehe).  I hadn't seen or talked to her since my wedding ... and I just recently found her on facebook.  I love her and am so glad we're in contact again!

Kimberly - I don't see a rule about awarding who awarded me...so she gets one.  I met Kimberly in Newport.  She was a HUGE part of the success and fun of the choir there and once she moved it just wasn't the same.  She is a tremendous piano player and we had many quality hours spent together scrapbooking in the cultural hall.   

Lori - I have known Lori since high school - we were the piano players for the Jazz Band my senior year.  Since I found her online just this year, she has inspired me to want to pull out my running shoes again.   She's had quite a few challenges in her life and remains positive - a good role model!

Ann - She and her hubby are the only ones who have been nice to us from this ward...no,  really.  They adopted an adorable little girl right about the same time we moved in and she has answered MANY questions of mine on adoption. She is so happy and cheerful all the time - even with painful green things in her mouth. :)

Kristen - We were band geeks together in high school....we had some good times. Drunk Indians, screwdrivers, Farrs, Burger King, Windsor, Marching Band, ugly band dresses, etc, etc, etc... She just had an adorable baby boy - and her husband is going to med school.  Oh, and she LOVES Halloween too. :)


Okay, those of you awarded, here's what you do.  
1-Put the logo up on your blog
2-Link to the person who you received your award from
3- Nominate 7 other blogs
4 - Put links to those blogs on your post
5 - Leave a message on the blogs you've awarded.

3 comments:

Lori said...

aww gee shucks, thanks holly!

Abby said...

Thanks! And I still have your timer you gave me.

Abby said...

Oh, and seven other people? Holy crap that's a lot of work! A lot of the blogs I'd nominate are those of people I stalk; I'm not all that certain they'd appreciate my further presence.