Saturday, March 23, 2013

Glow in the Dark 5K

Tonight I did something I never thought I'd ever be able to do again...run a race.  Even as I sit here and type that sentence I get teary.  Running was something I enjoyed for so many years, and then I let it fall my the wayside when my weight started to creep up.  With the added weight my knees and ankles ached at even the thought of a run.  But then I was inspired by the changes I saw in a few friends.  I made some decisions, some massive lifestyle changes, started Isagenix, and decided to take my life back.  

As I pushed the last 100 yards of the race tonight, my body was telling me to stop.  My lungs were aching and my right knee was throbbing; but I pushed through and crossed the finish line running.  The final stretch there were people along the course cheering you on, telling you the end was close...you were almost there.  I felt enormous pride in this thing I was doing.  This thing that I thought was so far out of reach for me.  

I am proud of my hard work.  It hasn't been easy, that's for sure.  And there have been many moments where I thought "this is good enough" but I kept pushing and I'm glad I did.  My only regret is that I waited until last summer to start...I should have started earlier.  So if there are any of you out there who want to change something...whatever it is...do it.  Today.   Make a change today - whether it is large or small - that will get you closer to your goal. 

Thank you to those who have encouraged me on my journey...now bring on the next race! 

And now for the pics:

Me and my biggest fan...pre-race.

The girls...yes those are tutus...and yes we ran in them. :)

Me and Becca...about 2/3 of the way through

All done - we got our finisher medals!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm super proud of you! You are such a great role model--and a gorgeous model of that tutu, too! ;) FYI, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Go to my blog for more details.

Ty and Ber said...

Way to go!