Saturday, January 04, 2014

Resolutions: 2013 graded & 2014 resolved

Alrighty...I found my post from last year about my resolutions, as a reminder, this is what I resolved:
 
- Be able to sing Oh Holy Night in church for Christmas...in Italian - Have my photography studio up and running - Keep going with Isagenix and get to my goal weight - Be able to carry on a conversation with someone in Italian - without Google Translate - Mail my Christmas cards by December 1st - De-clutter every room in our house - Catch up Nathan's Navy scrapbook - 20 pages in Nathan's Navy scrapbook -  20 pages in Miles' scrapbook - Read the entire Book of Mormon  - Read one book a month - of my choice. - Keep up with the Sunday School lessons 

And how I fared at year end:

- Be able to sing Oh Holy Night in church for Christmas...in Italian - A
Done.  I almost peed myself from fear, and being 7 months pregnant with a rib-dweller definitely made the long, high notes a bit tougher...but this one felt awesome to accomplish! 

- Have my photography studio up and running - A
My photography business here in Italy took on a life of it's own this year.  Fueled by mini-sessions, it grew rapidly.  Our babymoon to Paris (pictures coming, I swear) was almost completely paid for by holiday photo sessions!  I got a new logo custom designed and I'm also working on a new, more professional webpage.  I can't wait to see where 2014 takes it!

- Keep going with Isagenix and get to my goal weight - A
I started the year out hard, got to a grand total of 50lbs lost and was losing more...then got the surprise of a lifetime finding out that (shocker!) my uterus & ovaries actually decided to work.   Even though I was about 20lbs from my goal weight I'm giving myself an A.  I busted by butt this year and I am so proud of the work I did.  

- Be able to carry on a conversation with someone in Italian - without Google Translate - B
This one depends on the topic...but I'm definitely more equipped to handle random conversations than I was at the end of 2012.  My language base grows every week, and I think I'm going to add a few lessons this year and see how far I can really go.  (since we'll be here another two years, why not?)

- Mail my Christmas cards by December 1st - F
Fail.  Total fail.  I never even got cards printed, let alone mailed.  I was SO busy with my holiday photo studio it was the furthest thing from my mind.  

- De-clutter every room in our house - C
We got a lot of the house de-cluttered...out of necessity for finding a spot for baby girl to fit.  But I didn't get to everything like I'd wanted.  I'll just keep on trucking with this one. 

- 20 pages in Nathan's Navy scrapbook - F
I didn't even do ONE page in any scrapbook this year.  Not one.  I need to try and fix that. 

-  20 pages in Miles' scrapbook - F
See above

- Read the entire Book of Mormon - D
Ok, so I read scriptures over the course of the year...but it was mostly according to topic or research for a lesson, etc.  I didn't sit down and read the BOM (or bible for that matter) from cover to cover. 
  - Read one book a month - of my choice. - C
I sat and thought about this one today...wondering if I actually did it.  And some months I can remember exactly what I might have read and others?  Not so much.  
 
- Keep up with the Sunday School lessons - F
This one just completely fell by the wayside.  Keeping up with the Sharing Time lessons each week in addition to the lessons for the primary classes (we have teachers no-show almost every week...we need to be prepared) kept me busy. 



Well it seems to me that the ones I did - I did fantastically.  And the ones I didn't - well, they just didn't even make it off the ground.  But you know what?  I'm not going to focus on those that I failed.  I had an amazing year.  I pushed myself to limits I thought I'd never reach.  I started running again, I even managed to get in four official races before I had to stop in July (puking 24/7 really takes the steam out of ya...and by the time the puking stopped I was SO jiggly from my growing appendages it hurt to run).  I poured my heart into getting healthy...and it blessed me back 100 fold.  Knees felt better, I slept better, I felt comfortable in my own skin...and my stupid reproductive system fixed itself and I got pregnant.   I have loved seeing my photo studio really get off the ground.  It makes me feel so good when strangers tell me they were referred to me by a former client.  I love it when clients make the photos I took their profile pics on FB or their Christmas card picture.  I love capturing sweet little faces...because they grow so quickly.  My language skills have made our time here easier.  I like finally being able to chit chat with people after church or at the market.   

And as I mentioned before...my 2014 resolutions are simple: spin only the important plates.  So here it goes:

1- Lead a healthy life, for myself and also as an example to my family
2- Try to be a better example of a follower of Christ
3- Spend more time doing things to make me & my family happy and spend less time worrying about making others happy

No comments: