Alrighty...I found my post from last year about my resolutions, as a reminder, this is what I resolved:
- Be able to sing Oh Holy Night in church for Christmas...in Italian
- Have my photography studio up and running
- Keep going with Isagenix and get to my goal weight
- Be able to carry on a conversation with someone in Italian - without Google Translate
- Mail my Christmas cards by December 1st
- De-clutter every room in our house
- Catch up Nathan's Navy scrapbook
- 20 pages in Nathan's Navy scrapbook
- 20 pages in Miles' scrapbook
- Read the entire Book of Mormon
- Read one book a month - of my choice.
- Keep up with the Sunday School lessons
And how I fared at year end:
- Be able to sing Oh Holy Night in church for Christmas...in Italian - A
Done. I almost peed myself from fear, and being 7 months pregnant with a rib-dweller definitely made the long, high notes a bit tougher...but this one felt awesome to accomplish!
- Have my photography studio up and running - A
My photography business here in Italy took on a life of it's own this year. Fueled by mini-sessions, it grew rapidly. Our babymoon to Paris (pictures coming, I swear) was almost completely paid for by holiday photo sessions! I got a new logo custom designed and I'm also working on a new, more professional webpage. I can't wait to see where 2014 takes it!
- Keep going with Isagenix and get to my goal weight - A
I started the year out hard, got to a grand total of 50lbs lost and was losing more...then got the surprise of a lifetime finding out that (shocker!) my uterus & ovaries actually decided to work. Even though I was about 20lbs from my goal weight I'm giving myself an A. I busted by butt this year and I am so proud of the work I did.
- Be able to carry on a conversation with someone in Italian - without Google Translate - B
This one depends on the topic...but I'm definitely more equipped to handle random conversations than I was at the end of 2012. My language base grows every week, and I think I'm going to add a few lessons this year and see how far I can really go. (since we'll be here another two years, why not?)
- Mail my Christmas cards by December 1st - F
Fail. Total fail. I never even got cards printed, let alone mailed. I was SO busy with my holiday photo studio it was the furthest thing from my mind.
- De-clutter every room in our house - C
We got a lot of the house de-cluttered...out of necessity for finding a spot for baby girl to fit. But I didn't get to everything like I'd wanted. I'll just keep on trucking with this one.
- 20 pages in Nathan's Navy scrapbook - F
I didn't even do ONE page in any scrapbook this year. Not one. I need to try and fix that.
- 20 pages in Miles' scrapbook - F
- Read the entire Book of Mormon - D
Ok, so I read scriptures over the course of the year...but it was mostly according to topic or research for a lesson, etc. I didn't sit down and read the BOM (or bible for that matter) from cover to cover.
- Read one book a month - of my choice. - C
I sat and thought about this one today...wondering if I actually did it. And some months I can remember exactly what I might have read and others? Not so much.
- Keep up with the Sunday School lessons - F
This one just completely fell by the wayside. Keeping up with the Sharing Time lessons each week in addition to the lessons for the primary classes (we have teachers no-show almost every week...we need to be prepared) kept me busy.
Well it seems to me that the ones I did - I did fantastically. And the ones I didn't - well, they just didn't even make it off the ground. But you know what? I'm not going to focus on those that I failed. I had an amazing year. I pushed myself to limits I thought I'd never reach. I started running again, I even managed to get in four official races before I had to stop in July (puking 24/7 really takes the steam out of ya...and by the time the puking stopped I was SO jiggly from my growing appendages it hurt to run). I poured my heart into getting healthy...and it blessed me back 100 fold. Knees felt better, I slept better, I felt comfortable in my own skin...and my stupid reproductive system fixed itself and I got pregnant. I have loved seeing my photo studio really get off the ground. It makes me feel so good when strangers tell me they were referred to me by a former client. I love it when clients make the photos I took their profile pics on FB or their Christmas card picture. I love capturing sweet little faces...because they grow so quickly. My language skills have made our time here easier. I like finally being able to chit chat with people after church or at the market.
And as I mentioned before...my 2014 resolutions are simple: spin only the important plates. So here it goes:
1- Lead a healthy life, for myself and also as an example to my family
2- Try to be a better example of a follower of Christ
3- Spend more time doing things to make me & my family happy and spend less time worrying about making others happy