Friday, July 06, 2007

warm enough for ya?

So the #1 story on Cnn.com right now is the heat in the West and South West...and, luckilly enough, that is where I live!! Now, I don't have it as bad as people in AZ or NV (I feel for ya Kara!) but it is still HOT...normally the little secluded valley where we live doesn't get as hot as other places close by but it has been unbearably hot the last few days - it was 98 yesterday and it is likely going to top 100....that may not seem like a lot compared to 115 in AZ (once again, sorry Kara!) but it is warmer than we are used to...

So if I were to ask you what you think I did on the 4th (in all the heat) your likely answer would have been "Spent time at Bear Lake - your favorite place on earth"...well you'd be wrong... (although I would have loved to be there, but not with all the people that were there)

Nathan and I woke up at 6am...went out to his dad's farm and got a load of huge boulders, brought them home, excavated by the fence and put in a flower bed...in the heat... ick! We then had a BBQ in the evening, but man I was tired and hot and onery (after working all day in the heat - who wouldn't be?!?)

The bad news is that the heat shows NO SIGN of leaving any time soon :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree it's WAY TOO hot. I like your new colors on your blog.

We might be coming up tomorrow for the Cruise In. And Yes, were bringing our water mister. Mason and Cache took it to the mall yesterday. Hee-hee It was so funny.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Holly, hope the weather cools off for you soon, drink lots of ice water and stay in the shade, Hugs Lisa