Friday, October 19, 2007

A job, a job....I got a job!

SUPER EXCITING NEWS BELOW:


So I have known that I really needed to pick up a second job for a while...and I have looked and applied at Walmart and Home Depot and Lowes and Smiths, etc...but then a friend of mine (I love you Cas!), her dad is building this new building and it is going to be a restaurant...so I get a number from my friend's little sister and I called today (I know Cas, I was going to do it earlier...but oh well) on my lunch break...Susan (owner...along with hubby) said they were pretty full, but she didn't know for sure so please stop in and see her. So I went by after I got off work, and she talked to me for only TWO minutes and then said they had an opening for someone Mon and Tue evenings...do I want it?? So I stayed and did the training which happened to be that night and I think I am going to LOVE it there. The restaurant is upscale, the owners have ran restaurants before and they really seem to care about their people... so I have more training on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...Friends and Family night on Thursday, VIP dinner on Saturday and then BAM right into the fire, we go live on Monday the 29th!

I am just SOOOO excited right now I can hardly wait! I served before and loved it so I am hoping this will be fun too - I stand to make significantly more money than my last serving job so that will be good too :)

Well I need to go take my drugs, get a quick bite to eat and get to bed!


The only bad thing about all of this is that I missed Grey's tonight! :(

9 comments:

onedayatatime said...

Congratulations, Holly! I'm glad you got a job you are so excited about. It seems like things are really starting to fall into place for you guys. Thanks is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!!. I think it sounds like a fun diversion, and a good way to make extra $$$$$.
When its up and going Shane and I will come up and give it a try. and you can serve us..LOL we're good tippers....LOL
Kim

drumcas said...

Yay!!! I am glad that it worked out! You will make tons of money:) You know how waiting jobs are, if you are good in a month or so you will be working anytime you want:) YAY!

PS You can watch Grey's online at abc.com, and you NEED to watch Grey's online!!!

Luvs ya

Briana Ward said...

I am so happy for you guys! I am sure you are too. I hope it goes well and that you make lots of $$. Let us know how things go, if you have any extra time now. Good luck!!

Janus said...

YEAH Holly!!!!!

Nothing puts a smile on anybody's face is a cool job.

I'm happy for you!!!!!

kudos to you!!

Love,
Janus

Ryann said...

Congratulations!! I hope that is goes well! You deserve a good break!

onedayatatime said...

I was just online and saw this ad pop up and thought you may be interested:

http://www.pcostodaymagazine.com/subscribe.htm

For a PCOS magazine. May have lots of good info ... you never know!

Love, Cindy

Sheila said...

Congrats on the job Holly! I was a server in Logan at a fancy schmancy place when I was in college. It was called Rothwell's. It didn't last very long but the owners didn't do a good job at it. Anyway...hope it goes great for you!

By the way, I just tagged you. Go to my blog to find out!

Janus said...

Holly, got you-- yep you got tagged by ME!!!

Janus