Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Imagine

As with a lot of my National Adoption Month posts...I've put this up before.  But I just LOVE it so much.  So many people think adopted kids are screwed up...that their lives will always be horrible, suffering, miserable existences.  Seriously...just google adoption and you'll find (too) MANY blogs dedicated to negative adoption experiences.  They call us baby stealers...adoptees say they would have rather been aborted than adopted...and much worse.  It makes my heart hurt.  But I know that isn't the case.  Adoption can be sad...and hard, but it can also be WONDERFUL and AWESOME.  We fall in the second group.  Adoption has blessed our lives in so many ways.

So here it is...I could watch this 100 times in a row.  Gives me goosebumps everytime.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooo I LOVED this ;) God has a plan for his families and ADOPTION is a BIG part of that plan. People forget that MOSES the prophet was adopted. Just because people use their free agency sometimes to make an adoption situation negative doesn't mean it's all that way. People make having kids biologically into a bad situation too!!! Kids can be traumatized and turn out screwy when they grow up with their birth parents too!! In fact i would venture to day that adopted kids are probably LESS screwed up because their parents appreciate them so much more. They are loved from all angles and that is wonderful!!!
Your son is the most precious and sweet boy and he will do great things and it wil have everything to do with his great parents!