Friday, October 20, 2006

Time for a change

So I needed a change from the BRIGHT pink...so I opted for green...and pink. I actually felt kinda smart because I took the HTML code from the green and spliced bits of the HTML for the pink in so I have a 100% unique design...


Anyhoo, I made a SUPER good soup last night and I am going to share:

Spicy Chicken Soup (well, maybe more like stew..)

1 can chicken broth
1 can southwest style pepperjack soup (Campbells)
1 can kidney beans
2 cans water
1.5 C chopped green pepper
1 C corn (I used frozen)
1 C sliced carrots (I used frozen)
2 C brown rice
3 chopped Jalepenos
1 pkg sliced chicken breasts (Tyson - they are already sliced and packaged...EASY)
Dehydrated onion (could use fresh - I didn't have one) - to taste
Cayenne pepper - to taste
Garlic Powder - to taste

Place everything in a crock-pot, cook for 3 hours on high or 6 on low. Serve with tortillia chips.

It is really good, easy (because most things are canned, you just pop 'em open)... nice and thick...

No comments: