Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Honesty Police

So I am feeling a bit like a stool pigeon...in the last week I have 'tattled' on 4 people for dishonest acts...now I see FAR more than that but these had effects directly upon me...

First: My boss is stealing from the company...she is ordering merchandise under her maiden name and tearing up the order forms...now if this were a candybar or something that small I would say "ok...so you are a liar and are going straight to hell...just don't make a mess before you go" BUT the business is not doing so good as of late and she is taking HUNDREDS of dollars of stuff...so far over a thousand that we know about. So I mentioned it to the Office Manager...and it got to the owner. The wierdest part is that she will not be fired for it...she is the owner's sister-in-law. Call me callus and rude but if you were stealing from me you'd be fired - even if you were my mother...

Second: there is a girl and two guys who cheat on tests in my Economics class. It is a class of 150 or so, and for tests you are usually sandwiched in tight and they just sit in a row and whisper and help each other out...well the first time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but myself and the two girls I sit by (and study with) noticed it for the next two tests....normally I would say "ok...so you are a cheat and are going straight to hell...just don't make a mess before you go" BUT the teacher grades on the curve and they are likely getting A's that should be going to other students...grrr...so me (and the other two girls) went up to the teacher after the exam and mentioned it...


So am I a snitch? Or was I right to do what I did?? Shouldn't we stand up for honesty!??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are awesome!
Ryann