Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hopefully the end...

I had another appointment (3hrs...) with my dentist today - I know what you're thinking...'Wasn't she JUST there?'... And YES, I was. The problem is I didn't go the dentist for almost 3 years. I know it isn't smart, but it all started when I got pregnant the first time and I was SOO sick, I cancelled my appointment and then after I miscarried I just forgot, then we moved and had no insurance...yada, yada, yada... I went in February(?) and found out that he had quite a bit to do to fix everything. Here we are 6 months later and almost done. I have had my gums cut away, nerves hit, a rootcanal and I don't even know how many fillings. I think we're in the clear - but he says I might need a root cancal on my very, very back tooth...another root canal...

please wait for me to curb my enthusiasm...


I am going to try and be good and go every six months now. It helps that I have a dentist that I like...well, as much as you can like a dentist. For those of you who may not understand a fear of the dentist (if this is you, and you actually like the dentist YOU ARE A FREAK) I found a picture of what I feel the dentist is like:


4 comments:

Ryann said...

I am one of those freaks who likes the dentist. They clean my teeth and I leave minty fresh. What can I say-I come from good genes. My dad has still never had a cavity. But I feel for you -my mom has had teeth problems her entire life. I hope that you don't end up needing another root canal!

Happy Herrons said...

I am SO sorry for your pain yet SO excited it is almost done. I try to think this in the chair: "I am grateful for modern dentistry - think about this happening with a SLOW DRILL!"

Anonymous said...

That picture is too scarrrryyyyy!! because I need dental work right now. ICK!!! but oddly, I like getting them cleaned, but when the DENTIST comes in and pokes around. ICK!! Then I start sweating.
Kim

Bennett family said...

I'm not a fan. Yes, I like my teeth to be squeaky clean and my dentist is a brother-in-law that I like, so we don't have to pay anything. But, I always get a headache afterwards from holding my mouth open for an unnatural amount of time.