Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ok, that's logical...

The radio station I listen to in the morning often does this thing called the Chunga Poll. The DJs ask a question, sometimes serious and sometimes just for fun, and listeners call in with their 'votes'.
Today they asked who you are planning on voting for. I have to be bluntly honest with you, if the responses I heard from the dim-witted people here are echoed across the nation, it is no wonder our country is in the state it is...here are some examples:

"I will vote for McCain if he chooses Romney as his VP, otherwise I'm voting for Obama"...ok, because their viewpoints are SO simmilar...she might as well have said "If McCain chooses God's running mate then I'll vote for him"


or how about this little gem:

"I'm voting for McCain because Obama refused to shake hands with soldiers in Iraq" this woman went on to say that she 100% believes this rumor becuase the people she heard it from are 100% honest and truthful... I bet they heard it via an e-mail FWD or from Rush or Sean.


or this one:

"I'm voting for Obama - the flag hating, white-hating guy whose middle name is Hussein"...I think this was supposed to be a joke, but I'm not sure if he was satirizing the right-wing zelot point of view or if he was trying to 'prove' the lunacy of voting for Obama.

I am not the most educated when it comes to politics, but I am always suprised at the masses who claim to be so, yet have received all their information from friends via e-mail or from Rush or Sean ONLY. You can listen to them if you want (I personally don't enjoy the bleeding ears, but if torture is your thing...whatever) BUT you have to realize that they are doing what they do TO MAKE MONEY and so their opinions are going to be skewed a bit to cause contention, because then people will listen.

People need to go to Obama's website and McCain's website and read their positions on things, and we need to watch the debates. We need to be INFORMED. If not, well, Hitler said it best: "How fortunate for leaders, that the masses do not think".

3 comments:

kate said...

hi holly! i got your comment on the whs blog. just wondering if you can email me with your email address, we are doing an all electronic invite this time around. thankyou! and your blog is neat!

kate.hale.wilson@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly
Chunga cracks me up. Were you listening when he hung up on the teacher? SOOOOoo funny.
Kim

Holly said...

Yes...he said something like "I knew you were an educator" so funny