Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh, I'm good...

Nathan and I went to the grocery store last night and I tried out my first 'Coupon Shop'.  I got some info from my friend Kara and I searched and clipped and printed and here's how I did:

What I bought:
4 bags of Malt O Meal cereal
4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars 
4 boxes of El Paso taco shells (the ones with 6 soft and 6 hard)
2 taco seasoning packets
2 tubs of Betty Crocker Frosting
10 Gallons of water (for our water cooler)
2.5lbs of red seedless grapes
Scrubby brush (for hubby when he washes dishes)
1 package of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Bliss

How much do you think that cost us??  $70?  $50?  Not even close...

$21.57

It would have been less, but the scrubby thing was $4.49 and the water was $4.10 and we had no coupons for either of those. 

I am so excited for my new hobby :)

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Oooh, very fun! Do share the secrets of your new hobby! :)

Holly said...

I go to pinchingyourpennies(dot)com and search for screaming deals by state. I also go to bettycrocker(dot)com and pillsbury(dot)com and print off all their coupons.

Briana Ward said...

Hi Holly,

I am so glad your shopping went well. As far as the feed on my blog I did not change anything. I will go in there later and look at my settings. Hope all is well with you guys, how is the job hunt!

Anonymous said...

I need to do this
Kim

Me, Myself and I said...

grocerysmarts.com

code - g84cjd