Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Memory Lane Monday: Sing a Little, Run a Little


I used to run.  A lot.  In junior high, high school and most of college it was my stress outlet.  I ran until I started having problems with ovarian cysts.  When I had surgery in May 2001 I didn't run during my recovery, and I got out of the habit.  Then I met Nathan, we got married we moved 2600 miles away and I dealt with other demons....anywhoo...

Today's memory.

There was this trail up the mountain from my parent's house.  It ran along a canal and I used to love to run it.  Everything down the mountain from the trail was developed, but everything moving up was just empty fields.  It was so peaceful.  About a mile or so down the trail you could cut through a field to a large rock outcropping.  On a clear day from atop that rock you could see for miles...all of Ogden.  I used to run that trail almost every day.  I mostly ran it alone, but occasionally I would run with with my friend Aimee...and we used to sing the most random songs the whole way. (while running!  crazy girls!)  Then we'd get to the rocks and sing some more.  We would try hymns, pop songs, musicals...singing together or in harmony.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Good times. Do you remember the time that we were running and you had a bad feeling about where we were going? We stopped and turned around without even questioning. I miss running. I started again a couple of months ago, but my schedule with work and family has made it not happen most of the time. It feels awesome to get out on the same mountain trails, blast some Saving Jane and be one with the beauty around me. I miss you and the good old times!