Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Survey

feel free to copy this 'survey' and post all your answers in my comments section...I'd love to hear them!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper, I LOVE to wrap presents!

2. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real - but artificial is just more practical in the dry climate where we live.

3. When do you put up the tree? The last few years it has been about a week before Christmas, but this year we did it the weekend of Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Nathan is itching to get it down the day after

5. Do you like egg nog? mmm...eggnog...

6. Favorite gift received as a child? bikes

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have 2. A Willow Tree Nativity and a miniature porcelain one.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? Winston - Greenies, a box and a fluff and he's good

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail of course...you can't stamp an e-mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm...underwear used to tick me off when I was little...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The original Grinch (the new one is good too...but nothing beats the classic!)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August :) I love to shop!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the peppermint flavored things

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? Once in Royal David's City, and big band arrangements of Christmas tunes

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually we travel, but we will be home this year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Usually a star, but the tree is too tall and so just a big bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open PJ's (yes mom, I already know what is in that sack...) on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas - but we do my Birthday presents first in the morning...then cake...then Christmas presents.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Walmart...and how you have to say 'Happy Holidays' so you don't offend anyone.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our ornaments are a deep crimson and gold...and I must say our tree looks FABULOUS!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Spiral cut Honey Pecan glazed Ham, with all the trimmings

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Absolutely...isn't He the reason for the season?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, awesome answers !!!!!! Have a great weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift Bags - I'm all for quick and easy.

2. Real tree or artificial? I love real trees because they smell so good but I hate to clean up the mess so I use artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? Early December but it still isn't up this year...

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Eve

5. Do you like egg nog? LOVE IT !!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Gumby and Poky

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Several

8. Hardest person to buy for? Holly's Dad - that makes at least two of us who think he is hard to buy for!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Holly

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph or Charlie Brown's Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade caramels

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We give the kids PJs on Christmas Eve (Yup, I know you know what is in the bag....) and open presents after breakfast on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Grumpy people

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Silver

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Glazed Ham

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Yes

Janus said...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper, that way no one can peak inside a bag to see what they are getting.

2. Real tree or artificial? I love the smell of the real tree, so we just get a pine-scented candle and that makes up for our artificial tree. BTW, I love our 9 ft. tree that we bought last year, which we won't get to put up until Dec. 2007 since we are in India this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? After the new year

5. Do you like egg nog? No Way. Can I just say..."YUCK" Sorry for y'all that like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? doll's and when I was older my walk-man and stereo.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have 6 or 7. I'm starting to collect them. 1. from my mission 2. A little people one for Alexis, so she's not getting into my nice one 3. 2 from Israel made from olive wood (Grant got it for me while he was in Israel the beginning of the year 4. A Hawaiian one made from a coconut 5. A willow tree one

8. Hardest person to buy for? Grant

9. Easiest person to buy for? Alexis (Barbie's or polly pockets) and my mom (Just get her a nice church book and she's happy)

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, I just think it is so impersonal to e-mail, but I do understand that life around the holidays gets a little hectic, so e-mailing cards might be a little easier.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't ever remember getting a "bad" christmas present. All I remember about Christmas is how wonderful it was.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Can I have more than one? I would have to say... It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, While you were sleeping and my newest favorite... The Polar Express. It's not Christmas for me unless I watch these movies... in that order.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start around August. If I see something on sale then I pick it up right away.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No way

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? anything chocolate

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both, but Grant loves the clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? 1. It's the most wonderful time of the year 2. Baby it's cold outside
3. Joy to the World 4. Jolly old St. Nicolas 5. Oh,Holy Night....the list can go on and on and on.....

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love to stay home, and I love it better if people come and visit, but I love to travel also. But with us in India this year, I am going to really love being home for Christmas next year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You bet!!!!!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present Christmas Eve (and yes it is PJ's) and the rest from Santa Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that the stores put out all their Christmas "garb" before Halloween and Thanksgiving.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love all different kinds of ornaments of shapes and sizes. I think it makes the tree look collectic and unique.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honey glazed Ham

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? You bet!!!!!