Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I have found my motivation!

I used to run - A LOT - and I loved it, but somewhere along the line I got really tired of it or something...not really sure, but I had expressed a desire to run a marathon and my keen hubby got me the Nike + for Christmas. I found out my friend Kristen got one too so we decided to 'race' each other and do a 10K in April... well since Christmas my Nike + has been tucked away sleeping silently in its box - until I read that Kristen had gone on her first run... So Sunday night I set it all up and then this morning I ran my first run with it (although I wasn't as brave as Kristen to go outside...I ran on our treadmill)...

All this time I used losing weight, new clothes, etc for motivation and NOTHING has worked...even the thought of running to get healthy so I could have a baby didn't do it.. But the thought of me being beat by someone got my lazy butt out of bed at 6:15 to run... amazing.

Funny thing is that when I read Kristen's time (16 minutes) I thought I would blow it away...(sorry Kristen...that was just the idiot in me) and I finished in 13:39... and I almost died...ok I really didn't ALMOST die, (Nathan says I have a flair for the dramatic...) but for a few minutes I thought I could have...and in the words of Kristen: "Death would have been welcomed" .

I know I have it in me...my best mile time is
(or was) 6:17... so hopefully I can get near that again.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

pssshhhaw. I totally knew you would beat me, and just so you know I totally am not brave enough to go outside. Who do you think I am, wonderwoman??? Anywho, I totally am treadmilling. I ran last night and my time was even worse. Still haven't synched up the plus, been too busy trying not to die on the bad roads. Maybe tonight.Thanks for the healthy competition :) Love ya holl