Monday, January 28, 2008

Sad News

Despite all the problems and frustrations I have with the church here, I always held President Hinckley in such high regard.  I never questioned his sincerity or his testimony and I was so saddened to just hear the news of his passing.  He was an excellent leader and whenever I heard him speak it always made me want to be a better person.  Kinder to strangers - more caring for those in need - more Christlike...

The weird thing is I had a feeling and then a dream about three or four days ago that he died... isn't that weird?  That has happened to me before where I will think of someone out of the blue, and think that they died - and then they do, in fact, pass on.  There was a woman in our old congregation in RI who had cancer...I was driving home from work one day and she popped into my head and I couldn't shake the feeling that she had died, and then I got an e-mail the next day that she had passed.    

No comments: