Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Anniversary

For our anniversary (six years) we decided to get the heck out of dodge and stay somewhere with no phone or internet or doorbells, etc. We don't have a ton of extra money so we stayed pretty close to home, but far enough away to 'get away'. We stayed in SLC and spent Saturday in Park City. The hotel was nice, the weather was nice, the outlet bargains were nice, dinner at PF Changs was nice... overall it was nice to get away and have some time alone together.

Ok, on with the photos:

This is a cool sign in Park City - it has arrows and mileage to other Olympic sites.




A pic of us on Main Street in Park City...it reminded me so much of downtown Newport...only on a hill, and with mountains instead of ocean... but the same type of quirky shops and expensive restaurants.... man I miss Newport



The view from our hotel room...not the best in SLC but pretty good, right?



Here are the freaking GINORMOUS flowers I got from Nathan... hot pink roses, baby pink tulips and stargazer lilies... It is funny because they are from Macey's floral department and they DO NOT deliver, but he sweet talked them over the phone to drive up the street a block or so and bring them to me... When the girls came in the door at the office they were all giggling and cute...they handed me the flowers and told me Happy Anniversary.... It was sure a surprise, I didn't expect to get flowers because we were going out of town.


7 comments:

Briana Ward said...

happy anniversary! I am glad you guys both had a nice get-away!! I hope Besta is feeling better.

Abby said...

So fun! Congrats to you both.

And poor Besta. I'm glad she's recovering though.

Kristen said...

Beautiful flowers! Glad you had some "you-time".

Anonymous said...

Holly, Happy Anniversary to you both !!!!!!!! I hope Besta is feeling better, Love and Hugs Lisa

Janus said...

Glad you had a fun day in Park City!! BTW, I love the flowers!! You lucky duck!! Hee!!Hee!!

Have a good day and rest of the week.

Janus

Ryann said...

Happy anniversary! It looked so beautiful with all of the snow!

onedayatatime said...

That sounds like so much fun. I am so glad you guys had a nice weekend and Happy Anniversary!