Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Now I know why...

...bears hibernate.

I hate the snow...I know it is fun to play in and ski in and whatnot...but I am sick of it snowing every night I work at the restaurant... When it snows business is slow and so I don't make much money...cause lets face it, sitting on my butt polishing silverware and raking in $2.13 an hour isn't the kind of money that pays the mortgage...

It is coming down so hard right now that I can't see the trees across the street from the office.


And to add another freaky medical malady to my ever-growing list... I seem to have phantom tooth pain. It started last weekend (while in SLC) and it even bled a little on Sunday - then the pain got bad enough to wake me up at night so I made an appt with my dentist (which is HUGE because I HATE HATE HATE the dentist) to have it checked out...and after an hour of tests and x-rays and WAY to many pointy objects being shoved into my mouth nothing could be found that would cause the pain...nothing. No cavity, no nerve damage, no decay, nothing... And yet, as I sit here the throbbing of my teeth (now my front two and one just to the right) is making me want to poke shart point objects into my dentist's face...

4 comments:

Abby said...

I'm sorry to hear about your teeth; however, the cause may not necessarily be dental in nature, meaning your dentist would not easily find its cause. I recall watching a medical mysteries episode where a woman had a host of problems, only one of which was tooth pain. It was something unusual of course, but it had nothing to do with her teeth--that's just where the pain manifested itself. For the life of me I can't remember what was wrong with her though (hormonal? brain tumor/damage?). I know that if you injure your front top teeth it can lead to brain damage so maybe it goes the other direction. Perhaps something is pushing on your teeth from the inside out?

I found this, but it's not terribly enlightening. Sorry. http://wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/toothache/causes.htm

Ryann said...

I too hate the snow! I hate it and all the kids want to do is be out in it. I am the worst mom when it comes to playing in the snow. So I'm with you-is winter over yet???

onedayatatime said...

I agree with your first poster. I had a horrible, horrible tooth ache (more like excruciating pain!) in Newport and the dentist could not find the cause. It turned out to be an ear infection but I never felt pain in my ear at all. I hope you get feeling better soon -- but we would love a little of your snow to come our way. We have about 2 days of cold weather (but no snow) and then 2 days of about 70 degree weather. it is crazy! This has made two winters now with no snow and I am missing it badly. Sometimes I go in the attic and just stare longingly at our big tub of snow gear that sits unused.

Abby said...

Indeed. I was thinking after I posted that if it doesn't improve I would skip the dentist and go straight to the doctor to see what he could tell you. I've been unable to find that episode ("Mystery Diagnosis"), but so far I'm seeing a lot of people on the web talking about inexplicable, phantom tooth pain that cannot be diagnosed by a dentist. So I would keep on it. Are you having headaches, too?