Wednesday, March 26, 2008

73, that's my number


Yesterday I was chit chatting with one of the guys here at work about my LOVE of shoes and he asked how may pairs I had. I guessed what I thought was a pretty good ballpark figure and he was shocked! So when I got home last night I counted just to see how close I was. I told him 67. Counting my snowboots and my slip-safe server shoes I have 73 pairs of shoes. When I called him back this morning to explain my counting error he told me he just 'threw up in his mouth a little'.... I know he is a man and so by genetics cannot understand the sheer joy of shoes, but I began to wonder: How many is 'normal'?? How many pairs do you have?

6 comments:

Abby said...

Counting the pairs I don't even wear anymore, I probably have about a dozen pairs of shoes. I think 73 is a tad excessive, but to each her own. You'd likely say my movie collection is thoroughly excessive and totally unnecessary, too. So there you are.

Briana Ward said...

Wow Holly, think how long you could go without wearing the same pair twice!!!! I just counted and including my 2 pairs of running shoes, my boots and 2 pairs of rubber flipflops I have 12 pairs. jeremy thinks I have a lot, I cant wait to tell him that that is not so!!! Lol!!!!

Janus said...

I didn't think I had alot of shoes, but when I counted, I counted 36. I can't believe it, I'm almost up to 40.

I'm really not a shoe shopper, but Grant loves to buy shoes for me, especially the high healed shoes.

Kristen said...

I have 13 pairs of shoes. Way too many, in my opinion, I need to get rid of a bunch.

Ryann said...

Shoot! I have four pairs of shoes that I actually wear. If you add all those other shoes, maybe 9? 73 is an impressive number!

ChristinaS said...

Holy Smokes! Do you actually wear every single pair??? Or should I say at least more then once or twice??? do you have the matching handbag to boot. When I was doing Avon, my upline leader used to try and convince me to buy a new bag for all my shoes and then start buying in sets.. I think I would be more broke then I already am... LOL
On a typical week, I wear my sneakers daily. I have two pairs of boots that I wear for church in the winter... I bought the second pair b/c my comfy boots were in storage for so long.. That's the only reason. But I have one pair of dress shoes for summer, and about three other summer shoes.. but that is about it... LOL