Sunday, March 09, 2008

Do you ever wonder...

...did I unknowingly break a WHOLE box of mirrors???  I seem to have some of the worst luck... 

I mean, it has been three and a half years of trying for a baby and we have yet to have a pregnancy go past 8-9 weeks.   We have had roughly 40 shots at getting a baby and we have ended up with zip... Not to mention we've lost more than one friend over the uncomfortableness of our infertility...

We buy a great house that turns out to be in a HORRIBLE neighborhood.  We have a congregation at church that could really care less that we inhabit said house....in fact when we move I don't think anyone will even notice. 

We have owned four cats since we've been married (well, anyone who has a cat knows you don't own it, it owns you)...and two of them have died...that's 50% chance of survival for the poor things that choose to let us own them...

And at work I seem to get all the bum-deals.  I had a party of 14 that had a reservation for 5:30...well they didn't show.  No big deal, right??  WRONG!  We cannot sit anyone at those tables for 1.5 hours before the reservation to make sure they are vacant and so I got no one... then I had one table tonight leave me $60 to pay for their $58.77 dinner and my tip...  ??? ...add a few 10% tips and at the end of the night I ended up walking with $45.  Which is great, but not when other servers are walking with $150.   And I did good the whole night - I didn't screw up orders or forget to refill drinks or anything...I just got the bottom of the barrel tonight (except for my brother and his cute wife)

So this whole thing leads me to wonder if I broke a whole box of mirrors at some point, you know, to explain the slew of bad luck I've had...

4 comments:

onedayatatime said...

I'm sorry ou're feeling down in the dumps, Holly. It does seem like when it rains ... it pours! Hang in there! Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Holly, I sometimes wonder the same thing you do because my luck is pretty crappy too !!!!!!! Love and Hugs Lisa

Kristen said...

You really have had a bad run of luck lately. I hope things turn around for you :)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista'! I felt the same way when we lived in Utah. From what I hear it is worse in Logan. As for the baby thing... well you know I get that 100%. Get on the adoption list when you can... seems to be the only thing that worked for me haha. All I can say is the emotional Hell you are going through with all these years of trying will be worth it in the end. My 6 years of torture to get Wyatt and 3 years with this baby was worth it!

Sending love your way... Kara