Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lucky #17

We are homeless no more!!  Yesterday (two weeks to the day that we arrived in Italy) we went out house hunting for the fifth? sixth? seventh? time...I didn't have high hopes but the first place we saw just felt right.  (It was the seventeenth house we looked at) It isn't in the town we had hoped to live in, but it is a beautiful home in a safe area with a wonderful landlord.  We have started the move-in process...it takes anywhere from 30-45 days (good ol' military runs at the speed of light!) until we get the keys and are able to move in BUT just knowing that we found it takes a huge weight off my shoulders.  

It is 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (which means we'll have a guest room and I'll get a scrapbook room!!) with AWESOME views of the Mediterranean, the hillsides, the islands (Capri, Procida, Iscia) and the mountains on the way up towards Rome.  We have lots of windows and natural light...and a great sea breeze.

Pretty sweet view, eh?  And this pic doesn't do it justice...wanna see it in person?  COME VISIT!!!  We have a guest room!!!
See Miles' head in the bottom left of the pic??  He loves the view already. 

The house.  We'll live on the top floor. 

3 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

More pictures!

verla elwood said...

I am glad you found a place to live. It makes me want to come to Italy more than I did before.

Grandma Verls

Happy Herrons said...

We'll totally come and visit! MAybe late summer? Hum, let me check ticket prices!!