Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Where is the rewind button?!?

So today, scratch that - the last few days, have been rough...

Saturday we worked in the yard all day - it was great - we got flower beds dug and planted, gravel put down, it is starting to look really good...enter the bad part...I got a horrible sunburn on the backs of my arms and on my neck...AND I got eaten by bugs...all but one I am positive are mosquito bites...they are small red welts with an annoying little itch...but one is a big red-ish purple-ish nasty 1.5" across bite...probably from some mutant spider or something. And it HURTS! eech.

In addition to that, while we're minding our own business in the yard, the Animal Control truck pulls up and the officer comes over and asks us if our dog has been with us all day - they got a report of a disturbance...well Besta had been with us all day in the yard, so we knew where he was the ENTIRE time...Well then she notices that he isn't licensed yet in our city...and almost gives us a ticket - we told her we moved and took the dog from my brother and just hadn't taken the paerwork in yet (because we hadn't gotten it from him yet) So she said we had until Tuesday to have him licensed and she wouldn't ticket us...

So then today we had to take Besta to the vet for the rabies shot - he did pretty good, but he got all excited, peed ALL OVER the floor, then proceeded to tromp through it, then jump on me...grrr...now mind you I am on my lunch break, dressed all nice for work...double grrr...so I had to run home and change before I went back because I smelled like dog urine...

Nathan felt bad I missed all my lunch (because the vet kept us waiting for so long) so he went to Einstein Bagels and got me an AWESOME sandwich...which he brought to my work...but when he left after dropping it off, he backed into some guys truck..which was totally his fault...EXCEPT the guy was parked where there isn't even a stall...dur...well he came out and said it was no big deal...the truck is in bad shape anyway - don't sweat it. It is like an 85 Ford...all rusty and paint chipping, etc...

So Nathan heads back to school and I go back to work, then he (the guy) calls me at work and says he changed his mind, he's going to try and get the truck 'totaled' so he wants us to exchange info...blah, blah...so tonight while I'm making dinner, the phone rings and it is the city police! They heard from his insurance company and need to gather a pit more info...

Man oh man he is making WAY to big a deal out of this...he has a dent on his wheel well, our truck got more damage...Nathan's rear lights were broken out...so I'm not sure what is going to happen...we have a very good insurance agent so we'll see what he can do for us...

All this makes me wish sometimes life had a rewind button...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish life had a rewind button too, Hugs Lisa