Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It is almost ready...

Nathan and I spent last night Halloweeny-ing our house.  Our front porch looks awesome...now we just have to acquire a few pumpkins and some corn stalks and I'll post a picture of it.  

I am also looking for a new treat idea in the way of halloween food...Here's a typical run-down of the smorgasbord:

  • Kitty Litter Cake (see here)
  • Devil Eyes (deviled eggs)
  • Bat Wings (Spicy chicken wings)
  • Embalming Fluid (soda with a frozen jello hand) (See link for cake)
  • Gum Rotting Gumbo (candy)
  • Skin Chips & Curdled Blood (chips & salsa)
  • Brain and Crackers (cheeseball in a skull and crackers)
  • Awful Arachnids (royal icing spiders.  Not sure if these will make the cut this year - they take F.O.R.E.V.E.R.)

Any ideas for an addition(s) to le menu?  Maybe something I could do with mini cupcakes?

4 comments:

Bennett family said...

That sounds so great! I remember the one we came to in Newport. I wish we were close by so we could join in! I want to see pics when you're done!
BTW, I tagged you!

Abby said...

I love kitty litter cakes!

Your festivities sound so fun. If I were anywhere near, I would crash them come Halloween.

Gardiner said...

Hey, so fun to get your comment!! Wahoo!! I miss you lots, and haven't seen you forever! Hope that things are going well for you. Don't worry about the shower, no big deal. I am a wedding invite for you. I'll drop it by next week.

Happy Herrons said...

You really are crafty! I still remember our party at your house YEARS ago!