Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remembrance

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I have several friends who have also lost babies and it can often feel like a lonely pain to suffer. I wanted to make sure people were aware of this day. If someone you love has gone through the horrible experience of losing a baby, hug them tight today and tell them you love them. And my friends out there who have lost, I will be thinking of you today. :)
Here are some sites I found helpful.

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/ is a tremendous source for everything reltaing to miscarriage. It answers all your questions - whether they be of physical nature or emotional. If someone close to you has suffered a miscarriage this site will give you some good info on how to help the person grieve and heal.

http://www.october15th.com/ is a site dedicated to today. There is info on this site about local remembrance activities - if there is not one in your area, think about starting one.

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep is one of the most selfless things I have ever heard of. This is a group of professional photographers who provide their service to families during their time of loss, and they do all of this for free. I want to spread the word about them - because I don't think many people are aware of their services. And I would hope in my heart of hearts that no one would ever need them, the hard truth is that chances are, someone who reads this will need them at some point, whether for themselves or a close friend or family member. I know my brother-in-law's family would have loved to have them when they lost their little Hannah.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Doesn't the NILMDTS website just leave you completely in tears? I love looking at the images of those perfect little babies who didn't have a chance to live a full life here on earth. I have a friend who volunteers her time with them and she's had some amazing experiences. We're remembering our baby, your babies, and all babies who have gone too soon today!

Chels said...

I didn't even know about this day. I'm glad you posted about it and if you don't mind I might steal your post and put it on my blog too. I look forward to exploring those sites. Thanks Holly!

onedayatatime said...

Holly, I think J.Paul and Wendi did have them or someone similar. They have an entire video with Hannah and lots of pictures, too that were taken at the hospital by someone who volunteered their services.

Happy Herrons said...

And some extra hugs to you too Holly. Sometimes earth life just SUCKS. How nice to know that one day, it WILL be all OK, and we can have all the joy we are 'missing' now.