Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Ball is Rolling

I just dropped Nathan off...he's off to MEPS. {finally} That means that barring a horrible performance on the ASVAB by the end of tomorrow we will have a DATE!!!!


And I realized that not all my bloggie buddies are military, so I made a short list of the military jargon I throw around to help that confused dazy look some of you get. (I told you...super techy spy software...)

MEPS - Military Entrance Processing Station. This is where they test to make sure Nathan is 'fit' for service. You know, the turn your head and cough bit. He'll also get to swear the oath of service there...I'm kinda bummed I'll miss it. The first time he did it I forgot my camera, now this time I won't be there to see it. :( Hopefully my hubby will think to have someone snap a pic on his cell.
ASVAB - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. A test all military personnel must take to see what type of job they qualify for. You can take a practice test here and see how good you do.
TPU - Transient Personnel Unit. This is like refresher boot camp. This could be two weeks or two months...however long it takes to get everything done and make sure Nathan's records are all correct in the system. (Given how long it has taken to get this far, I'm planning on two months)


So if you read this today, keep your fingers crossed for a good ASVAB score and no unknown appendages hiding on his body.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I don't think I even knew all those military terms...ha ha. thanks for the refresher for me, too! :) I'm excited for you guys that the ball is rolling. David said he was going to call Nathan and that if Chicago isn't set in stone, the sound guy here in Newport is getting out and they'll need a sound person here....just information for your back pocket...love you guys! I loved looking at your wedding pics on your anniversary post. It was a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Wow Holly - a possibility for Newport? You LOVED it there!

LYT,
Mom