Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh man...

A while back I interviewed for a job. The recruiter who contacted me about the job treated me like I had NEVER had a job before. When I had my interview she called me SEVERAL times to remind me to dress nice and arrive a few minutes early. She also tried to alter my resume and butchered it. (read here)
Anyway - she contacted me on Tuesday late afternoon about a temp job with the same company. Not my idea of a perfect job, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. So I told her I needed to talk it over with my hubby and I would call her first thing in the morning. I called her Wednesday and told her that I was in, but I couldn't start the day they wanted: the 31st (my mom will be here), it would have to be the next day. You know what the Idiot Stick Figure said to that?
"Oh, ok, the 32nd"
Seriously. It hung there in the silence for a good thirty seconds (silent because I was too stunned to say anything), then she giggled and corrected herself. She said she would talk to the account manager with that company and call me that afternoon...I haven't heard back from her. She probably got lost on the way back from the bathroom.

3 comments:

onedayatatime said...

I understand your reasons, but I think I would have started on the day they asked -- visitors or not. Seems like the trick to getting a good job is just getting your foot in the door.

Happy Herrons said...

AHAHAHAH! How frustrating! Seriously, maybe you could get her job?

Amanda said...

Oh that is hilarious. Totally made me giggle.