Monday, September 28, 2009

I will remember you

Our sweet little Frank passed from this life late this evening. He was deteriorating so quickly, and we knew he was suffering. We chose to have him put to sleep, and I can honestly say that was the HARDEST decision of my life.
Nathan was gone the majority of today on a gig and I took the opportunity to spend the day with Frank; snuggling, napping...getting in every last second I could. As the the day wound to a close I knew what was coming and my heart started to ache.
The staff at the vet were fantastic. They were so understanding and supportive. They made a sweet little paw impression for us.
I count myself lucky that I got the last two days to spend with him and make sure he knew he was loved. I got a chance to say goodbye.
Thank you for all of the prayers offered on his behalf.




6 comments:

Lori said...

holly, i'm so sorry. :( thinking of you.

Sheila said...

Holly, I love that picture of Frank in the shoes! How fun to know he loved something you love! :) I hope you have peace today. Love you!

Janus said...

Holly, I'm so sorry that you and Nathan had to go through that. Please know that we are thinking and praying for you during this difficult time. Sending hugs your way.

JAG

Abby said...

Oh Holly. I am so, so sorry. Our prayers are with you.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We are thinking of you.

Ryann said...

Holly, I'm so sorry.