Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tender Moment

One thing that touched my heart through the whole thing was the tenderness of the staff at the vet. They had to put a catheter/IV in for the drugs and it was wrapped with that sticky, stretchy tape...it had a heart on it. They also made an imprint of Frankie's paw in some clay for us. I wasn't expecting that at all, it will be a nice momento to treasure.
By far, the sweetest thing was this: After the process was over they allowed us to have some alone time with Frankie. We cuddled and loved him for a few minutes and then called the nurse to come get him. The nurse who came in (who was a guy in his late 20's) gently took him from my arms and then kissed Frank on the top of the head. Gets me all teary just thinking about it.

6 comments:

Lori said...

i'm so glad you had some extra love from the staff, i'm sure that made an already heart wrenching moment have a small piece of happiness.

sorry holly. :( but thankful for good vets and good vet aides in this world!

Gardiner said...

HOLLY!!! That sucks about your cat, I am so sorry! :( I hope that are able to find comfort during this sad time. If I had a cat, I would give it to you, but I don't, just a husband.... interested?
HA HA!! Miss ya

Chels said...

Wow, I'm glad they were so wonderful to you. I am SO sorry about Frank. I can't imagine having to do that to Noah. It's amazing how attached you get to these little guys.

Abby said...

Awww, that last part made me cry. Made me think back to when we had to put our last cat down. I'm so glad they understand people's pain enough to show such compassion.

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Okay you just made me cry :( serious it makes me feel just as bad. I am sure a huge cat lover I understand how close he was to you guys. I am thinking of you!

Amanda said...

I'm glad they were so kind and thoughtful. Gentle people at times like these make all the difference in the world.