Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yep...officially the worst luck ever

You may remember when I went to the dentist to get a crown - that wasn't the funnest experience of my life... and you may also remember that I am terrified of the dentist...I will put it off for YEARS.
Well, since I got my crown I have been having pain in my teeth/jaw. Everyday. All the time. I take Motrin and Tylenol 4-5 times a day and have been for about a month. I know I should have called him and gone back right away but look at this way...a guy I hate stuck pointy, scratchy, drilly things in my mouth, caused a lot of pain - that didn't go away...and you want me to go BACK to him??!? I don't think so. But the pain has woken me up from sleep a couple of times, and it sucks to be stuck at work with a throbbing jaw and no painkillers... so I finally gave in and called him.
I went to see him this morning and found out that the tooth that I got the crown on now needs a root canal... He told me about 1 in 20 teeth with crowns get Irreversible Pulpitis ... and you guessed it, I am one of the 'lucky' ones.
Nathan calls me a Medical Wonder, because things are always going wrong. (Sometimes I cause them, like when I tripped going up the concrete steps to work yesterday and got a big bruise on my shin) but I seem to have the WORST medical luck. I wonder if I broke a mirror sometime at a Dr's office??
I went to pick-up an Rx for painkillers and an antibiotic...and he called in Penicillin...no good since I'm allergic to Amoxicillin. So I had to call and get him to switch it. But hey - at least I have Lorotab now - that should ensure some pretty wicked awesome dreams tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Nathan to watch out - I remember your "Loratab Dreams" from when you had your wisdom teeth removed...smiles.

LYT,
Mom

Sheila said...

Gosh Holly! I'm so sorry you're having medical "miracles"! I hope you feel better with that tooth, I can't imagine. You guys need a vacation? :) Wish you could come see us. Take care, I hope you have some sweet dreams...