Monday, December 15, 2008

Ok, I need your help

We have decided to do it. Yep, we will be Navy Folk once more. And we will be moving to Chicago... in the middle of winter...grr.

SO I need some help, well, my OCD needs help. I am looking for anyone who knows the Chicago area. The base (in Great Lakes) is about 45 mins or so from downtown, so we will not be living IN Chicago, but rather looking for a nice suburb somewhere northwest of the city...we are not opposed to even living just over the state line in Wisconsin, doncha know.

So if you know of anyone who might be able to help, please refer them here or have them e-mail me: hollydward(at)mac.com.

I am also looking to create a list of 'Don't Miss' stuff for our stay there...so if you have lived there or vacationed there and think there is something I just cannot possibly not do, please share. :)

Thanks!

7 comments:

Lori said...

no suggestions of my own but i'll pass your email address along to my cousin who lives there.

congratulations!

Briana Ward said...

Holly, do you know Amy and Sam lockhart? They have a link on my blog I think it is my little wonders but he is from that area (I think) and knows it well. You might want to email them or comment on their blog she is good at getting back to people.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...stear clear of Wisconson. The few people I know from there are really weird and were rude to me because I am a mormon.
;) K

me and him said...

no advice, or addons to your 'don't miss' list! sorry. i just barely read this and can't believe you're moving!!! i bet it will be so fun, an adventure for sure! how long do you plan on being there? congrats to nathan for getting in! (...and for graduation...) we need to do dinner or something before you guys leave! look luck figuring out all the details!

Happy Herrons said...

I am SO excited for you! This will be a good choice - and lots of good adoption stuff can come from this - free medical care, probably an adoption remibursement, etc. Chicago - you could just get on the tourism email list - I get the Salt Lake stuff once a month or so, it is nice. Remember - a short commute time is GOOD - so think about that.YAH!!!

The Grush's said...

When you find some good things and good ways to get around Chicago please share. There are so many things that I would love to do there but our two experiences going to downtown weren't all that great and that deters us. We will have to get together once you guys get here. We actually live in Wisconsin and love it. If you are looking to live north and west of Chicago you are getting closer to us.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry my comment sounded so harsh. I do not hate Wisconson. I am sure it is a lovely place. And I would gladdly visit you there.

A group of about 12 people I know (all from Kimberley Clark) Left a bad impression on me of what some of the people that live there are like. I'm sure the were all just mad about having to move to Utah.

Luv you and I'm sure everything will work out.
Kim