Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making Adjustments

I know I already posted about my resolutions, but I have had quite a bit of time to think the last few days (unemployment will do that to ya) and I want to add a couple things.

I am the piano player at church. This shouldn't cause me any stress because I have been playing the piano since fourth grade - but I haven't kept up on playing hymns and I've lost my proficiency with them. It feel a great amount of anxiety sitting there waiting for the meeting to start, knowing I will need to step up to the plate, er...keyboard...soon and plunk out a tune. I feel very embarrassed when I can't play it through without lots of noticeable errors...which is an all too frequent occurrence (especially since they seem to pick all of the lesser known hymns). So one of my additional goals for 2010 is to be able to comfortably play all 340 hymns in the hymnbook.

I also want to branch out in the kitchen...I find myself making the same 10-12 things. I make them well, and we like them, but I want to expand my repertoire. My goal here is to try one new recipe a month. Got one you love and want to share?

So now my resolutions are:

- Finally (may I repeat...FINALLY) get all of our stuff done to get our adoption homestudy approved
- Lose some weight
- Do something nice for someone everyday
- Be better at remembering birthdays
- Get and stay organized
- Be able to comfortably play all 340 hymns in the hymnbook
- Try one new recipe a month

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your goals Holly! I sure wish I could play piano better, I am lucky to plunk out the ones in key of C! :)

Abby said...

If it makes you feel better, I've been the organist in four wards over the course of many, many years and I have a heart attack every time. Even when I know I can do the song in my sleep, I get so nervous that I always screw up. This last time I actually asked to be released as a means of lowering my blood pressure, it was so bad. So, I feel for you.

I keep a Word document with some of my favorite recipes. Since I apparently can't figure out which is your current email address, if you email me I'll send it back to you.

Anonymous said...

HI

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE
PLAYING THE PIANO AGAIN, WISH I
WAS THERE TO LISTEN TO YOU, MISTAKES OR NOT.

KEEP TRYING AND YOU WILL BE FINE

LOVE YOU

VE