Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Years Eve

We spent our New Years Eve with some friends. We decided to have a seafood fest and steer clear of the crowds. I debated on if I should post pictures of the fabulous food we ate...cause I didn't want you sending me emails cussing me out when you lick your screens. Seriously.

Ok, fine, I'll show them to you. I am not to be held responsible for any excess drool-age on your end. Read on only if you are prepared, and have a napkin or a shirt sleeve handy.





First off: Bacon wrapped shrimp.
I found the recipe and Nathan prepped and cooked them.


Next: Bacon wrapped scallops.


Main course: Fresh from Newport, Rhode Island lobster.
Stuffed and prepared by Bruce. He and Sara were in Newport for Christmas (I'm wicked jealous) and they brought back some lobsters. They were stuffed with roasted red peppers and scallops. Mmmm...


For dessert: Stage one was melted chocolate goodness that I didn't get a pic of.
Stage two was this fantastic apple tart made by Davina. She served it with Creme Brulee ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. (Ok, now I'm drooling)


After dinner, we attempted some RockBand and played a game of Scene It.

Bruce 'tried' the guitar.


Sara liked the champagne.


Nathan loves Joel and Davina's dog Petie...and Petie loves Nathan.


Joel and Davina...the Rock Band professionals:


Their cat, Red, got into the liquor cabinet and passed out early.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love how you said "wicked". My kids still say that, crazy Rhode Islanders! :) I'm wicked jealous, too, I miss Newport and all the awesome people and the snow! However David and I were getting a kick out of how cold it is in Chicago! You freezing little dears! Yikes! :)

Lori said...

yuuummmmm