Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Adoption update

So I contacted the lady from that agency...and she seemed really nice. Told me that the twins I asked about hadn't been placed yet and that if we got our home study done asap and got our paperwork to her we could likely adopt them.

I did some research because I don't want our over-zealousness to burn us in the end. I got 6 books from the library and started reading...come to find out in California (where the twins are) a birthmother has 90 days to revoke consent for an adoption...are you freakin kidding me...?!?90 days!?!?? PLUS the girl is 14...and statistics have shown that the younger a birthmother is the more likely she is to keep the baby(or babies) and try to raise them - and the older (like older than 18,19) she is the more likely she is to have her baby (or babies) adopted... I have thought about this statistic so much and it is so suprising...and sad.

So we will not be pursuing these babies...if the birthmother wants to keep them (even if it is against what her family wants) I don't want her to give them to us and then change her mind 90 days later...I think that would just about kill me (us).


It also looks like the adoption thing will be put on the back burner for a bit...I am trying to pick up a second job to earn some money to work harder at paying off our debt so we will 'look better' financially for the application process...plus there is almost no way we could adopt while Nathan is still in school and I am working full time to put him through and pay the bills...

It is funny how things go in waves...we get so excited for something and then overnight it all changes. Like the night before last on the news I saw that taking a baby aspirin can aid in reducing miscarriage, buy thickening the lining of the uterus...and I got all excited and thought about buying a bunch of baby aspirin and then I thought...what's the use, until I get PCOS straightened out aspirin isn't going to help one bit.

Well I had better get back to work...I just needed to take a break, all the numbers were beginning to look the same.

tata for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly if you want to adopt don't wait. If you wait until you are "ready" you will be waiting forever... there is always a reason not to! Don't worry about what you look like or what debt you have! LDS Family svc. dosen't care! If you decided to adopt there WILL be someone somewhere out there that will love you and Nathan and CHOOSE YOU!!! You can "wait" for a long time or you can take some actions yourself to help speed up the process. We posted on ParentProfiles.com and it has given us quite a few contacts.... nothing promising yet but at least contacts. Anyways don't give up!!! Email me if you need to talk OK??? I just finished 6 months of LUPRON treatment... man I hadn't felt that good in YEARS!!! My doc says if I wanted to try for a baby NOW is the best time ( I sorta laughed at her) but so I am doing a few more rounds of CLOMID. I figure I have nothing to loose haha!

Big Hugs!!!!
Kara