Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just another day

The weather here has been super chilly - and LOTS of rain. One of the weather people actually predicted snow, but luckily it didn't - I would be pretty mad if the tomato plants I have tried SO HARD not to kill were killed by snow :(

We finally have health insurance!! The cards came on Friday and I looked it over, now I just need to make an appointment, but I have to find a good Dr. first.

It is kinda funny, I was so excited to get health insurance because it brought us one step closer to adoption, but if I stay home after we adopt (which I want to) then our insurance goes away ...and Nathan doesn't work enough hours during the school year to carry insurance at his job - or to make enough $ to pay the bills if I do stay home.

So for now it seems that we are no closer to adoption than we were a year ago :( Not to mention we have to come up with the $20K-$30K to do the adoption. We can go through our church for lots less but I have had friends wait for YEARS in their system, waiting to be 'chosen' by a birth mother...that's why I like foreign adoptions, once you're approved you just wait your turn. Not that I don't think people wouldn't like us, but I have checked out the competition and we are not comparable - on paper & photos at least - I mean, neither one of us have our degree, we're in heavy debt, I have mental problems, I'm fat, Nathan's bald...


In happy news, my friend Ryann's hubby came home from Iraq yesterday...she and her girls decorated their home all cute for his homecoming....you can check it out, just click on Ryann on the side menu. We met Ryann and Terry when we lived in Virginia Beach years ago and we have kept in contact. She even sent me flowers a couple months back when we lost the baby - she is so sweet and such a good friend. I got to hold her oldest, Em, when she was just days old...she was such a beautiful baby. It is crazy to see her so big now!

Well I need to get back to the grind...hope you all have a happy non-Grey's thursday.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

You are so sweet to mention us on your blog! Thanks! And I think that you guys are the greatest also!