Monday, June 04, 2007

ALERT THE PRESS!!!

We went to church today....and (at least by 10:40PM) Hell hasn't frozen over! hehehe

We spent yesterday at Bear Lake - one of my favorite places on earth - with my brother who just got married, his wife and baby, her sister and hubby and my other brother... We had SUCH a good time and Blaine (the baby) should be a fish, he was so stinkin cute playing in the water (which was FREEZING) and the sand.

After we left the lake they all came over to our place and we hung out in the gazebo and roasted marshmallows...I did pretty good in the burn department...only a bit pink on my legs and feet...my brother and poor Blaine got toasted.

But I got up this morning, well more like afternoon because it was around 12:15 when I joined the world of the living...and I thought about going to church, so we went and it was, well, honestly?? I didn't have that nice of a time...I tried with all my might to stay positive, but it just sucked too much. We'll have to try again in a week and see if it is better. I just hate the hypocrisy of people - the ones who spew religious sermons from their mouths and yet their daily actions are far from Christ-like... (not that I am perfect...far from it, mind you) People who think they are better than others JUST because of the church they go to on Sunday, THAT makes me nuts.

Anyway, enough of the vent...so we did get to see a couple that we hadn't seen since like Halloween....they adopted a little girl just a year ago (in fact she turned one this last week) and she is adorable and she sat on my lap for a bit and when I got home tonight Ann (the mommy) had sent me the links for some adoption agencies...there were 4 or 5 and I went through all of them and when I opened the link for the last one my heart started beating faster and my palms and feet got all sweaty and I got this anxious feeling in the middle of my tummy...all nervous/excited...

You know, I want a new car...I mean I really WANT a new car - and not just any car - a convertible...a Ford Mustang, Audi TT, or 325i BMW but I would take a baby over a new car in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Holly I hope you can adopt a baby, I'm rooting for you, Hugs Lisa