Thursday, February 18, 2010

Go Navy!

A year ago today Nathan went to TPU. (Although it should have been a year ago yesterday...remember all that crazy stuff?? sheesh!) Seeing him finally be able to put his arm to the square was great.

Thinking over the last year makes me a little sad but a lot excited. We moved away from family, which was hard...and I still miss them almost everyday. I'm thankful for phones and webcams and gibberish calls from my little nephews saying "Miss you Aunt HaHa..love you". All (ok, most...) the heartache with missing family is washed away with the excitement about being able to grow our own little family. I am grateful that Nathan is able to get paid to do what he loves...and that we get to live in a wicked cool city to boot.

Happy One Year Return-to-the-Navy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLLY,

I DON,T THINK YOU MISS US AS MUCH AS I MISS SEEING YOU MORE OFTEN.

I HOPE THINGS CONTINUE TO GO WELL FOR YOU IN CHICAGO

LOVE VE

Lori said...

yay for your year mark!!!!

Kate said...

happy 1 year back in the navy, nate!!