Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm a little calmer now...well maybe not

Ok, so after ceremoniously smashing the mouse and keyboard into the desk...you know, first essay of the semester - I finally finished the essay - it is a bit sub-par, but I was in NO mood to write an essay on Monday so the fact that I actually finished it was pretty good.

So I also had a geography quiz on Africa on Tuesday and I am pretty sure I got them ALL right - depending on how picky the teacher is on spelling...I might have switched some e's and a's around. I had an awesome geography teacher in 9th grade and I knew them all (and not just Africa - the ENTIRE world...he was one tough cookie), it is amazing how many of the countries I knew then don't even exist anymore....hello, Zaire?!
Today Nathan chose to skip his classes, stay home and sleep in our nice warm (winter blankets are on now) bed...funny thing is that I was too tired to tell him to go...I finally drug myself out of the warm cocoon about 12:15, quickly showered and headed off to work. I was exhausted - I felt like I could have slept til next Thursday!

So this morning I checked on our reimbursement $$ from the Navy (for the move) and we are getting like $6,000 LESS than I had anticipated - obviously someone somewhere made a mistake but everyone we talk to just gives us another phone number to talk to someone else...and that just plain SUCKS because that is A LOT of money - the V.A. is also being SUPER slow getting the GI Bill going so we have yet to see any of that money either...yikes.

Well I should go study for my Sociology test I have at 7:30am tomorrow...

2 comments:

SJ said...

Wow that's cool you've been in my house! Yeah our landlord fixed it up a year ago before we moved in and I love it. It's the cutest place, but really cold in the winter. Thanks for the addition to the list of Institute Classes. That one's way funny. I will add it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly!

Ive been getting caught up. Man Im sorry you are having such a hard time getting adjusted although I am not at all suprised! Thats UTAH for you! We had the same problems when we lived there. Choir is YOUR calling and you run it as you see fit. Don't be bullied. We are getting closer on getting certified to adopt! I am so excited. Hang in there and keeo trying. People who choose not to see what a great friend and person you are are trully missing out!

Kara