Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Sad

It is sad that in a great country like ours that things like this happen. It is sad that after how far we've come there are those who pull back on the reigns of progress. It is sad that someone would be in fear of losing their job because of the column in which they cast their vote.


That someone is me. I have noticed over the last months that some people in the office stopped socially talking to me...sure if they needed a report or needed something they would ask...but the chit-chat was gone. I am not stupid. I know that the reasons are politically motivated. One person said they couldn't believe I was stupid enough to vote the way I did. And I admit I have made my fair share of barbs at the other side...but to go as far as ignoring the person...THAT is something I would never do. Abby & Ryann and I disagree on politics, in fact we got into a heated discussion over 9-11...but we still read each others blogs and post comments and we are still friends. We can respectfully acknowledge someone's differing opinion.


This morning I was told, by a friend, about something that happened yesterday...and I am now afraid I could actually lose my job over this vote. I am scared to talk to anyone, scared to walk down the hall...I have noticed a VERY perceptible shift in the way I am treated...


I hope this is just a case of "we-lost-the-election" blues and they will get over it.

No comments: