Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE


Ok, now in all seriousness...you NEED to vote today.

I am always surprised by people who say their vote doesn't count. I could see how you could think that...take me for example. I live in the will-always-be-red state of Utah - I am also a card carrying Democrat. My vote isn't going to swing Utah's 5 electoral votes and make them awardable to Obama...not even close. So I could say my vote doesn't count. But I don't.
One vote probably will not change the result of a presidential election - but if thousands of people don't vote - their 'one vote' will. It is also important to remember you are voting for city, county and state officials. And your one vote COULD change the results of those elections.


Also - one thing that always gives me the red ass (sorry...had to quote My Fellow Americans...it's election day!! And if you have never seen that movie - go rent it, it is HILLARIOUS) is when people don't vote and yet they will complain over the next four years when things go wrong for them and they feel elected leadership is to blame. If you don't vote - keep your mouth shut.

So get out there all of you - hope your wait in line is better than mine...it's supposed to snow today. Whoohoo!!

5 comments:

Ryann said...

I so want to vote but am unable. I feel like such a slacker.

Holly said...

I thought of you today and how you mentioned a while back that you had missed the deadline and were bummed about it. I think that it is admirable that you are sad you can't vote.

Abby said...

I love that movie and heartily recommend it. I think I'll watch it again based upon your reminding me of it.

Oh, and I voted. The line was horrendous, but it moved really fast. Plus it made me feel happy that so many people were finally getting off their lazy butts and taking an active part in the democratic/electoral college process.

Lori said...

a-freakin-men. either vote or shut up. :)

Anonymous said...

I always vote just so I can complain as LOUD as i feel like!!!

Kim